20091114

ONE HAND DON'T KNOW WHO THE OTHER HAND'S STABBING

OK, I can't believe I still haven't finished The secret life E. Robert Pendleton; can't remember the last time it took me this long to finish a book. However, I think my The shield obsession is to blame; I've been too busy drooling over Shane Vendrell to be bothered with picking up a book. However, won't buy season 7 as everything is getting so sad so will have time to read.

Anyway, bought Stephen King's The green mile yesterday. I've read it before but that was a long time ago. People seem to have so many different opinions on whether he is a bad writer or not (critics think he is, the public begs to differ) but regardless, he's a great storyteller and sometimes that's all I ask for.

If you want to read some more on this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_King#Critical_response

This is pretty interesting:
"Some in the literary community expressed disapproval of the award: Richard Snyder, the former CEO of Simon & Schuster, described King's work as "non-literature", and critic Harold Bloom denounced the choice:

"The decision to give the National Book Foundation's annual award for "distinguished contribution" to Stephen King is extraordinary, another low in the shocking process of dumbing down our cultural life. I've described King in the past as a writer of penny dreadfuls, but perhaps even that is too kind. He shares nothing with Edgar Allan Poe. What he is is an immensely inadequate writer on a sentence-by-sentence, paragraph-by-paragraph, book-by-book basis.""