20091105

THOSE OLD PIOUS SISTERS WERE RIGHT; THE WORST PART IS OVER, NOW GET BACK ON THAT HORSE AND RIDE

I'm incredibly tired but unfortunately for me, I have homework to do. I'm reading Peyton place right now but haven't gotten so far. Seems like a really good book though.

Anyway, listened to The Shins today and their song Turn on me sorta sums up what CotMWM is about pretty nicely, especially this part:

"'Cause you had it in for me so long ago, boy, I still don't know, I don't know why and I don't care... well, hardly anymore. If you'd only seen yourself hating me, when I'd been so much more than fair."

And also, Australia by the same band.

When I write CotMWM, I have to revisit old times, old wounds, old loves of mine. But it's not painful at all; somehow it's fine, it's not even nostalgic. It just needs to be done. And when working on CotMWM, I realise that, even though liking these different boys sometimes sucked, I'm really happy I at some point did. Not only because they are awesome writing material haha, but because it was nice to have them in my life. So thanks boys I've been in love with and don't know anymore; thanks boys I've been in love with who later turned out to be great friends; you were all pretty awesome (well...). Haha, no. And you really are pretty great writing material even though I never explicitly write about you. I write about me, or someone like me (write what you know eh?). As Margaret Drabble once put it:

"I meant to keep myself out of this story, which is a laugh, really, I agree: I see however that in failing to disclose certain facts I make myself out be some sort of
voyeuse, and I am too vain to leave anyone with the impression that the lives of others interest me more than my own."