20091110

OH, AND SHE INEXPLICABLY MAILS ME A CACTUS EVERY VALENTINE'S DAY

Today I fell in love with a guy at a café. He was the cutest guy I've ever seen, all sparkling blue eyes, brown hair, dorky hat. He was there with his girlfriend and he seriously couldn't keep his eyes of her and man, it was so adorable! Made me wish we could switch places. After I had seen him, I was happy all day haha. Funny that, how complete strangers can evoke (invoke?) these feelings in you by just merely existing. Like Vince says in Queer as folk; "Sometimes you see these men and you think, that's it. That's him! He doesn't even know you exist, but you think about that man for the rest of your life." Or something along those lines.

I stopped reading Peyton place and went for The secret life of E. Robert Pendleton by Michael Collins instead. It's good, not one of those books that will stick in your memory forever, but it's entertaining for the moment. The Times wrote this about it: "This excellent novel draws on several genres - the campus novel, the rival-novelists novel, the classic crime novel - to make something unique" while Waterstone's Books Quarterly said it gave "a nod to both Donna Tartt and Stephen King" and I couldn't agree more. I love campus novels as well, like Curtis Sittenfeld's Prep and Tom Wolfe's I am Charlotte Simmons. That all-American campus life has always appealed to me.

Oh, and by the way, I just got the mock exams we did last week for the Proficiency class back and I had 85 % on the Reading exam and 96.5 % on the Listening exam. Seriously, just soak up the awesomeness that is your friend Julia. Just do it!

And also to update you on my The shield obsession: bought season 5 yesterday and have two episodes left. Um...