20091116

A CLICHÉ IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR PEOPLE EXPERIENCING SOMETHING HONEST

One of my favourite authors, Bodil Malmsten, writes a lot about The Shield in two of her books, Hör bara hur ditt hjärta bultar i mig (loose translation: Just listen to how your heart beats in me) and Kom och hälsa på mig om tusen år (translation: Come and visit me in a thousand years). The books are about the time she lived in France, the country, her life, her garden, her neighbours. They are both pleasant and heartbreaking. Anyway, I brought this up to show you I'm in excellent company as far as my love for The Shield goes. It appeals to everyone, from the 20-year-olds to the 65-year-olds.

Finished reading Michael Collins' The secret life of E. Robert Pendleton yesterday. I don't know what I think about it, it wasn't as good as I thought it was. Got pretty boring at the end. Anyhoo, reading The green mile now.