20091107

AND I'M LIKE, THANKS A HEAP COYOTE UGLY. THIS CACTUS-GRAM STINGS EVEN WORSE THAN YOUR ABANDONMENT

I'm sick. Seriously, since I came to England I've been sick so many times I've lost count. Probably the air. The cold (although, I come from Sweden; cold shouldn't be a problem for me). Anyway, this past week has been great even though I haven't bought any new books (bought season 4 of The shield instead). I really can't buy any more books though, 'cause I won't be able to get them all home. But, since I can't buy books for myself I'm gonna buy books for the children of my host family. You know, like Christmas presents as well as good-bye gifts.

So I'm thinking, for the nine-year-old: Ronia the Robber's daughter by Astrid Lindgren as you obviously need to own something by Astrid Lindgren at some point. And also, because Astrid Lindgren is awesome; my favourite character was always Emil (as in Emil of Lönneberga). Still love those stories and oh my God, the music! Epic. Anyway, for the three-year-old I plan to buy Where the wild things are by Maurice Sendak because it's such a lovely book. I think I might have been two years older or something when I was obsessed with it, but still. I actually cried when I saw the movie trailer for it (I know! But hey, nothing beats nostalgia.) So yes, conclusion: if I can't buy books for myself, you better believe I'll find someone to buy them for! Haha.

Some epic music from Emil of Lönneberga (the accent is awesome):