20100322

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpHLEm9-0bg

(Copy that link and let the song soundtrack this post and you'll experience the same awesomeness that I'm currently experiencing)

God, I'm updating a lot but it's kinda nice. I'm reading Atonement, also nice. Other things: I'm listening to 90s music and honestly, is there anything better? If I had to choose between, say, Keane and The Knife or 90s music, I would easily choose the latter (I mean, obviously put this into a "if you had listen to the same music for you whole life, would you choose..." context). It's so fucking awesome and the lyrics are great, like: "Tarzan is handsome, Tarzan is strong, he's really cute and his hair is long." Like, totally! So true. Or Haddaway; "What is love? Baby, don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more." Deep and profound, because what is love, when you think about it? Blümchen is obviously great too: Heut' ist mein tag, heut' is mein tag, heut' ist mein tag!" 'Cause you know, today totally is my day! I always listen to that song on my birthday. The best place to hear these songs, though, is on a dancefloor at some club with all your friends, extremely drunk. You know, like when you're so drunk that smoking a cigarette makes your head spin even more and it's awesome, because that is sorta what you intended to happen all along?

This long rant probably has to do with me missing alcohol (have not been drunk in 3 months; it's almost like I've become revirginized, alcohol-wise), but I'm going out on Friday. Oh right, and books: I've been thinking about which books to buy when I go to London (have decided that I can easily spend £100 on books only), and have so far decided that I will buy The little stranger by Sarah Walters, The sea lady by Margaret Drabble and Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood. I'm gonna be the flyest chick at Waterstone's.

UPDATE
Just started listening to Rhythm is a dancer by Snap!. It's so good.