20091207

THE BOTTOMLINE IS THAT IT'S COOL TO SMOKE AND YOU ALL KNOW IT

I was planning on blogging (sentence?) yesterday, but I was so hungover I could barely get out of bed. Seriously, even when I fell asleep around midnight I still had a pounding headache. But I had a really good night, I drank red wine, I climbed in and out of windows while smoking, I danced on the street and I seem to recall standing in the middle of a room full of people and singing Soko - I'll kill her (best line: "She's a bitch you know, all she's got is blondeness, not even tenderness, she's clever-less." Oh, and also this: "I said it was a love story, but you don't wanna get involved. I said it was a love story but you're not ready for that (beat, beat, beat) ME NEITHER!") That whole "standing in a room singing while everybody is watching" seems to be my thing when drunk. Well, I guess it's everyone's thing when drunk but me more so than others. Unfortunately, I cannot sing. Fortunately, I wasn't alone. Maeva sang as well. She's great. I'm gonna miss everyone so much.

Today I was approached by a nun who wanted to give me a book on Hare Krishna. First she said she wanted to give it to me for free, then she wanted some money for it. Haha, the sneaky ways of the believers! Anyhoo, I politely declined and then cursed her because I missed my bus. Note to self: when someone asks you if you speak English and look like they will most likely talk to you about religion, the environment or mobile phones: just say no.

Anyway (to get off this sidetrack and actually write something about books), I'm reading Blonde at the moment. In August I blogged about how I would probably never read it, but thank God I decided otherwise. It is lovely. Quote:

"Never can you climb over this wall, you're not strong enough; girls aren't strong enough; girls aren't big enough; your body is fragile and breakable, like a doll; your body is a doll; your body is for others to admire and to pet; your body is a luscious fruit for others to bite into and to savor; your body is for others, not for you."

Basically what girls are told from the day they are born.