20090814

I am currently reading Revolutionary road by Richard Yates. After that I really will read Blonde. I have no idea why I keep putting it off because I'll probably like it. I mean, for all I know I could die tomorrow from some unforeseen event; I could get hit by a bus, fall down on my head while walking (actually seems possible when it comes to me), collide with a bird when bicycling (again, possible) etc. And dying without having read Blonde? Really? I’d totally regret it when lying on my deathbed. When the person who will be watching over me on my deathbed (a priest? But no, I live in Sweden, we probably don’t get priests. Mom? Dad? Stina? Oh, definitely Stina, she would probably sing something like “You’re nearly dead! You’re nearly dead! Everybody look at you ‘cause you are nearly dead!” (you know the song I’m on a boat?) which would be awesome. Note to Stina, if you read this: sing that at my funeral (although by then, I would hopefully really be dead, so you'd have to change the lyrics.). Also, to all of you who will be at my funeral although I plan to outlive you all: I will be playing We used to be friends by The Dandy Warhols. Please recognize the absolute brilliance in playing this song at a funeral. It goes "A long time ago we used to be friends but I haven’t thought of you lately at all". Like obviously, because I’m dead! I’m so funny it is actually starting to become a bit of a burden, but I cope! I cope! Right, so this parenthesis turned out to be so long you probably don’t remember what even started it. It’s OK; I don’t either, which probably means that what comes after the parenthesis will be a) lame or b) short or both. But c´est la vie eh?) asks if I have any regrets, I won't say "that I said to a girl when I was seven that I hated her skirt, thus making her wear jeans the rest of the semester" or "that I talked about an old friend's back and referred to her as "a complete waste of space" or "that I used to think it was fun to tell people I was from Canada". (As you can see, I'm very innocent. I mean, if those are the worst things I've done, I'm practically an angel, which I am. I'm perfect. Just soak in the awesomeness that is your friend Julia. Just do it! *celebrates myself by having a drink*). No, I'll say "that I didn't read Blonde". So, to prevent this agony on my deathbed, I will read Blonde after I've finished reading Revolutionary road. Although I imagine that, if I collided with a bird when bicycling, the agony over not having read that book wouldn't be the only pain I was in. And actually, if I did collide with a bird when bicycling, that would probably be my biggest regret. I mean, can you imagine dying in a more undignified way? I do want people to laugh at my funeral, but for the rights reasons (the main one being that I've chosen great and funny songs to play). Conclusion: just fucking read Blonde Julia. If you don't, you'll probably die tomorrow and people will throw rocks at you in heaven assuming you don't get caught in limbo which, all things considered, might not be so bad. It would be like spending ages at a train station and I like waiting at train stations. So maybe I'll take my chances. Yes, I will probably read Moll Flanders after this. I'm such a daredevil.

Now I really have to start preparing myself for the evening (you know, take a shower, put on make-up, eat waffles, whatnot), because tonight I'm planning on getting buzzed, drunk and fucked-up (in a literary way though; I'll quote Alex Garland tonight, don't you worry!) (*needed to bring this back to books*). So see ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!