20091012

THE SCENT OF DRIED ROSES

Now I'm back from London. It was nice; I went to Westminster Abbey, Covent Garden and Hyde Park by myself; I was given a free cappuccino by some guys who worked at EAT. because, according to them, I was "so beautiful"; me and Palle went to The Enterprise in Camden and had some drinks, I sang along to Blondie's Atomic; and on Sunday we went to Brick Lane for a few hours and then I went home.

Bought two new books; The scent of dried roses by Tim Lott and Lionel Shriver's We need to talk about Kevin which I am currently reading; took a break from The little friend. I've read We need to talk about Kevin before, but I felt like giving it a re-read. I also bought The virgin in the garden by A.S. Byatt but returned it an hour later, simply because I needed to get those £10 back. But damn, do I want that book! Byatt is Margaret Drabble's sister. I mean, even if the book didn't seem awesome (which it does), that alone would make me want it. Anyway, maybe I'll buy it the next time I'm in London. If I can find it.