20090822

I'm moving to Cambridge in three weeks and I've been thinking a lot about which books I should bring, because I can't take too many with me as I'd rather make rooms for clothes (yes, clothes!) than a crazy amount of books. Anyway, I have finally decided to bring these:

John Steinbeck - The winter of our discontent
Evelyn Waugh - Brideshead revisited
Iris Murdoch - The bell
Doris Lessing - Under my skin
Donna Tartt - The secret history
Douglas Coupland - Microserfs
Junot Díaz - The brief wondrous life of Oscar Wao

Might leave the last one home, but will definitely take the rest of them with me. Actually, I should bring Curtis Sittenfeld's Prep as I fucking love that book, or something by Chuck Klosterman as I suspect I might get serious Klosterman withdrawal if I don't. I'll probably skip the Junot Díaz book, and bring Prep instead. Have to remember to take it back from my friend Pauline before the weekeend is over though (note to self), as she's moving to London to study at London College of Fashion this Tuesday.