20090912

SHYNESS IS WHEN YOU TURN YOUR HEAD AWAY FROM SOMETHING YOU WANT. SHAME IS WHEN YOU TURN YOUR HEAD AWAY FROM SOMETHING YOU DO NOT WANT.

I just finished reading Extremely loud and incredibly close. It was just as beautiful and heartbreaking as the last time I read it. I will soon start reading John Steinbeck's The winter of our discontent. Won't have any time today though, because I have to pack my bags and get ready for tomorrow as I'm moving to Cambridge in about 24 hours. Happy times; next Friday I'm going to visit my friend Pauline in London as well, which will be awesome.

Anyway, I've decided to only take three books with me because I can't even bring five, there's no room! So I'll take Doris Lessing's Volume one, The winter of our discontent and Curtis Sittenfeld's Prep. I really do want to bring The bell by Iris Murdoch as well so maybe I will. I'll make sure I get myself a library card pretty quickly though.