20130802

THE DUD AVOCADO

"I mean how can Life be so contrary to - never mind Art - just to general information and what's called Common Knowledge?"

"The vehemence of my moral indignation surprised me. Was I beginning to have standards and principles, and, oh dear, scruples?"

"I mean, the question actors most often get asked is how they can bear saying the same things over and over again night after night, but God knows the answer to that is, don't we all anyway; might as well get paid for it."

"It's amazing how right you can be about a person you don't know; it's only the people you do know who confuse you."

"A rowdy bunch on the whole, they were most of them so violently individualistic as to be practically interchangeable."

- The dud avocado, Elaine Dundy

That last sentence is so perfect I actually envy Elaine Dundy for having written it.