20121118

I TELL YOU I AM JUST LIKE YOU!

I've been so bad at updating this blog but the truth is, I am really struggling with finding something to read right now. I read Hans Fallada's Alone in Berlin and it was so good, I just haven't been able to follow up on it. Read the short story The age of discretion by Simone de Beauvoir and then the first part of Jonathan Litell's The kindly ones, but nothing really gets me interested. Well OK, The kindly ones is something I really am interested in (if you haven't read about the controversy surrounding that book, I highly suggest you Google it) but I want to read something else, something that feels like me. Why have I already read The women's room? The golden notebook? The millstone? Cat's eye? Blonde? I don't know what to read, unless I re-read something (Drabble). So while continuing to search for the next great book, allow me to say hi (waving with a very strange hand):