20100517

OH GODS AND OH PROPHETS, PLEASE ALTER MY LIFE

I finished reading The lace reader last Thursday; I actually really liked it, it was very entertaining, a page-turner, albeit not being a book that I'm likely to think much about. Isn't this like a fairytale though (got it off Brunonia Barry's Wikipedia page):

"Originally self-published by the author[1] it (...) got rave reviews in many places including Publisher's Weekly, and was eventually picked up by the US branch of HarperCollins in a multi-million dollar deal[3]."

Anyway, from Friday-Sunday I read Notes on a scandal by Zoƫ Heller and from Sunday to today I read Margaret Atwood's The Penelopiad, which is The Odyssey from Penelope's perspective (and the twelve maids who were hanged by Odysseus and Telemachus also have their say). It was, of course, amazing. Now I'm trying to decide on a new book. Sorry about not updating this blog in a while, I've been working a lot and went to Stockholm this weekend.