20090719

Bought some new books:

Jeanette Winterson - Oranges are not the only fruit
George Hagen - Tom Bedlam
Chuck Palahniuk - Snuff
Ben Elton - Chart throb
Jackie Collins - Hollywood divorces

I bought the Jackie Collins book for my sister as a thank-you gift for taking care of me about a week ago (I got absolutely, 100 percent beyond OK drunk and she helped me out) but I'm thinking about reading it myself first. Could be funny, that book. Tawdry as hell. As for Palahniuk's book, I have no idea why I keep buying them because I never read them, I just put them on the shelf next to the others thinking I might read them someday. Which I probably will, but they're so fucking...pretentious maybe? Or not really or maybe they are. Anyway, I always get bored when I try to read something by Chuck Palahniuk and Snuff is so seedy! Sorta makes you want to take a shower (which is the exact same feeling I had when I read Trainspotting). Tom Bedlam seemed nice and my friend Karl-Oskar lost my copy of Chart throb (which I think is a hilarious book) when moving years ago and I finally bought another one. Funny thing though; if you google "Ben Elton is a cunt" you get 9,770 hits. How come I googled "Ben Elton is a cunt?" Oh, I don't have to explain myself, do I?